Putting myself out there for the whole world to read is one thing when I write. However, willingly putting myself out there and offering up personal tidbits about myself is another.
It is good for my readers know who is behind the articles and the posts. And it is good for me to keep it real by doing posts like this, too.
Ten Things You Probably Know About Me:
- I am a Christian.
- I don’t like debt.
- I used to teach middle school science and history.
- My husband and I have seven children, one in heaven and six here with us.
- I have been married for over 18 years.
- My life is at times chaotic and crazy.
- I love writing and sharing information.
- I am organized and like to clean.
- We just got a chocolate lab puppy for Christmas. It is like having a four-legged baby in the house who daily eats ornaments off of our tree.
- I love the snow that we get in northern Michigan.
Ten Things You May Not Know About Me:
- I used to struggle with OCD-type behavior, borderline perfectionistic tendencies related to cleanliness and orderliness within my house. Praise the Lord I am free from that burden!
- I do not like politics and won’t discuss them with anybody besides my husband. I vote and can make an informed and prayerful decision, but refuse to discuss them.
- Amusement park rides make me ill, even the kiddie rides can cause me to hurl.
- My husband and I are complete opposites on what we consider fun. I am happy at home, taking walks, or writing. He is happy doing anything adventurous: skiing, roller coasters, and going fast.
- My kids are not number one in my life, nor is my husband. My first priority is my relationship with the Lord, followed by my husband, and then my children.
- I do not support anything that modern feminism represents.
- I am a morning person, and prefer to be up way before anybody in my household.
- My first car was a 1985 Pontiac Fiero GT, and it was AWESOME!
- I did not grow up in a household that went to church, read the Bible, or did anything remotely Christian.
- I wish I would have married my husband at a younger age….we got married at 24, but wish I would have met him earlier.
My Ten Goals for 2018
- To gain some muscle strength and increase my flexibility.
- To dive deeper into the Word and grow in wisdom and maturity.
- To continue to grow my marriage and glorify the Lord by loving my husband and trusting his lead.
- To be an example to my children, to pray for them daily, and to grow in patience and compassion.
- To continue writing Scriptural-inspired articles for my blog that teach and encourage women.
- To learn how to do maple syrup with my husband and children.
- To crush our financial goals.
- To witness to others, share the gospel, and be the light.
- To find healthier meals for my family to try.
- To do less talking, more listening, and more understanding.
What about you?
What are your goals?