The crock pot or slow cooker (whichever you prefer) is my best friend most days. I absolutely adore the idea of throwing something in there and forgetting about it until it is time to eat.
Therefore, it was not a surprise today when I decided to use the slow cooker in preparation for our church potluck. And my son wanted mac-n-cheese today to eat. However, anytime mac-n-cheese has been made in my slow cooker it ends up crunchy, sticky, or dried out. Who wants to eat that?
I was determined to make it a creamy cheesy yumminess that would satisfy the palates of my family and those at the potluck. After some tweaking and a little guesswork, I found the perfect recipe for slow cooker mac-n-cheese.
It was creamy, soft, and delicious. It was not crunchy or sticking to the sides of the cooker.
If you are looking for a delicious easy slow cooker dish to make, look no further.
Steph’s Slow Cooker Mac-n-Cheese
2 16 oz boxes uncooked pasta of your choice
1 block Velveeta
3-4 cups whole milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup sharp shredded cheese
1. Cook the pasta according the directions on the box.
2. Put the noodles in the crock pot.
3. Cut the Velveeta into one inch cubes.
4. Place the cubes of cheese into the crock pot.
5. Pour the three cups of milk into the crock pot.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add one cup of sharp shredded cheese.
8. Stir all together.
*Keep on low heat for 2-3 hours. Stir occasionally (this is key for it not sticking)