Homemade Playdough Recipe
My kids love play dough. In fact we have entire tote of toys devoted to play dough. They can play with it for hours. The stuff dries out and we forget to buy more, so when they want it we never have it.
I am sure you have seen the dried up play dough balls that you can do nothing with. There are many different recipes for homemade play dough, but I usually do not have any of them on hand. These were all ingredients I already had on hand.
Within ten minutes I had the dough ready for my girls to play with.
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Food coloring
- Glitter (if you desire)
- Various accessories for your children to use when playing with the dough
- 1 cup of flour (whatever kind you have on hand)
- ¼ cup of salt
- ½ cup of water
- 3 to 5 drops of food coloring
- Mix together the flour and the salt.
- Mix together ½ cup of warm water with a few drops of food coloring.
- Slowly pour the water into the flour mixture, stirring as you pour. Stir until combined, then knead with your hands until the flour is completely absorbed. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour until it doesn’t stick at all.
- I added glitter to make it more appealing to my girls.
Notes Keep the dough in an airtight container. It should last for a few months. Feel free to add an essential oil of your choice to the mixture for an enjoyable fragrance as your child plays.
Simple. Easy. Frugal.