Do you hate cleaning the bathroom?
Does the look of your shower and bathtub want to make you do an entire remodel of your bathroom instead?
Fear not, you are not alone! Trust me, we have all been there.
If you are like me you have tried all the latest ‘miracle’ cleaners on the market, but to no avail, they do not work as promised. Your tub and shower are still dingy, dirty, and disgusting as ever.
Let me share with you a true ‘miracle’ cleaner that actually works on your shower and tub. It cannot be bought in stores but instead is a DIY cleaner that you can make at home with only two ingredients and a spray bottle.
DIY AMAZING SHOWER AND TUB CLEANER
- 1 part blue Dawn liquid (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 part white vinegar (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 professional sprayer (this solution won’t spray well from a cheap spray bottle)
- Heat vinegar in the microwave for two minutes.
2. Pour vinegar into the spray bottle.
3. Pour the Dawn dish soap into the spray bottle.
4. Shake well.
5. Gather your materials. I use a Scotch Brite scouring pads and scouring soap pads. These are used for the tub spots in the tub. If you have hard water like we do, then these are very helpful and cut the cleaning time in half. I also use old washcloths as cleaning rags.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR SHOWER AND TUB
- Spray the mixture onto the surface of the shower and let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. It should look like this.
3. Using the soap pad or a Scotch-Brite scouring pad, scrub the shower in a circular motion until it is all done. Then let it sit for another 3-4 minutes. (You can see what one of my showers looked like below. This is one of eight bathrooms in our house. Between hard water, lime deposits, and it being the children’s job to clean this particular shower; it takes only a week for the shower to look like this.)
4. Now use a soft cleaning rag and the water from the shower to wipe off the soap and rinse it.
5. These steps may need to be repeated if it not getting it all the first time you clean it.
6. This method can also be used on the toilet, bathtub, and sink.
BEFORE AND AFTER
The results always amaze me every time I clean. Even though I wipe down the main bathrooms daily and the children clean their on a regular basis, the hard water deposits combined with the grease and dirt from my husband’s shower makes a dirty shower.
*I use this method 3-4 times a month and it only takes me less than 30 minutes to clean the entire bathroom.
*You can keep this mixture in the bathroom for between cleanings to clean stains in the toilet or keep a bottle handy in the laundry room for hard to remove stains from clothing.
*I also use this mixture for soaking baked on spots on my dishes.
*This mixture works well on patio furniture, car tires, cleaning the deck, and much more.
I hope that you found this cleaning recipe useful. If you did, please let me know below my commenting.