Hi! I am Stephanie Malcolm.
Welcome to my blog. It is so nice to you here.
I would like to welcome you to the world of Christian homemaking and Biblical womanhood.
Here are a few facts about me:
- I have been married to my husband Brian since 1999. We have seven children, six here with us and one waiting for us in Heaven.
- We live in a small northern Michigan town. I have lived in this town my entire life and now am blessed to raise my children here.
- I used to be a teacher before I had children and previously would have never considered staying home with my children.
- I do not like amusement parks, much to the dismay of my thrill-seeking husband and children.
- I love afternoons spent on my front porch, sipping a glass of iced tea, and watching my children playing.
- I love to hang out with my husband when he is in the garage working. It is always great quality time.
- I love taking long walks.
- I believe that a woman should be a homemaker and helpmeet.
- On faith, I have always been a believer since I was a small child. However, it was not until I met my husband and he wanted us to attend church together; did I become a born-again Christian. Since becoming a Christian, my life has not been the same since.
Purpose of my blog
The purpose of my blog is to encourage women in their God-given roles as women and mothers, especially as Keepers of the Home.
As a Keeper of the Home, women have been given the responsibilities of ministering to our husband and children. They should be the main focus of our daily lives and actions.
My aim is to be able to offer common sense Biblical advice on matters in life that affect us as women and mothers, through my own eyes and experience.
Finances, frugality, faith, family, homekeeping, housekeeping, healthy tips, marriage, parenting, and grief are some of the topics that I cover.
My prayer is that the Lord is able to utilize me as a vessel with His loving, living and life-affirming words of truth.
Maybe you have been a homemaker for many years or maybe you’re new to your homemaking journey.
Regardless of where you are, we could all use a little encouragement and someone to walk alongside us.
My hope is that by encouraging you that you would find joy in your homemaking and at the heart of your homemaking ministry – you keep Christ is at the center of all you do.
And that you would be able to glorify Christ through your homemaking, housekeeping, parenting, marriage, and your finances.
So whether you live in a tiny apartment or a large mansion, your home is your castle. Your husband is the king and you are the queen. And your children are prince and princesses you’re raising for the Lord.
The days can be long, the work can be exhausting, and at times it seems overwhelming.
However, please know if you have chosen to be a homemaker you are right where the Lord intended you to be.
Please join me in Training Keepers of the Home as we work in the Lord’s kingdom.