Is it Sunday morning and you are fighting urge to stay home from church?
Perhaps, you have a dozen and half legitimate reasons such as:
“I was out late tonight and need to get some sleep.”
“Nobody will notice if I am not there just this one Sunday.”
“Church is so boring, why do I even need to go?”
“Today is the big game and I need to get ready.”
“It is too hard to bring my small kids to church, besides, I am always in the nursery with them.”
Reasons for Not Attending Church
There are many reasons why people don’t go to church or stop attending church.
Here are a few:
- They have not found the right one.
- Somebody hurt their feelings.
- They are not motivated enough to attend and not have not made it a regular habit.
- Too overwhelming with small children.
- They don’t know they should.
- Or it has never crossed their minds as to why they should even attend church.
And there are really more reasons, but these are the main ones that seem to crop up in regards to why a person may not attend church.
Reasons Why You Should Attend Church
- Because we love God
- To have fellowship with others
- To worship and praise our heavenly Creator
- To gain wisdom
- Because God says to. Hebrews 10:25 says, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.”
- To bear each others burdens and to pray for each other.
- To stay committed to a group of fellow believers.
- It is uplifting and motivating.
- You hear God’s word faithfully proclaimed.
- To encourage and to be encouraged.
- To have communion with others
- To serve others and put others before yourself
In an ideal world we would all be plugged into a church community that encourages us to follow Christ, gain Biblical insight, and teach us how to serve each other.
And in a perfect world, we would be earnestly seeking truth, wisdom, and always be willing to serve others in the name of Christ.
But this is a fallen world we live in.
We don’t always attend church.
Or love others.
We must fight temptations and struggle to fight sin on a daily basis.
But dear ladies…please allow me to encourage you in your roles.
Be the truth seekers for your family.
Pray for your children’s salvation.
Pray for your husband as a leader, provider, and his faith walk as well.
Encourage your family to attend church.
Don’t give into the temptation to stay home because it is easier or because you have something else going on.
Of course, you may not want to become legalistic on church attendance and force religion down anybody’s throat.
Because the reality is once you are attending church on a regular basis and plugged in there is nothing else like it.
Benefits of church attendance
- Joy of serving others
- Closeness with God
- Joy of seeing your children learn and grow in their faith
- Praising God
- Drawing on the strength from the prayers and encouragement from others
Be encouraged in your role as the keeper of your home.
Stephanie, Training Keepers of the Home